President’s Perspective

Bradley W. Bateman President of Randolph College

Bradley W. Bateman
President of Randolph College

In February, on the day I was announced as the 10th president of Randolph College, I was reminded of my first trip to campus 10 years ago.

During that period, I spent a lot of time on college campuses across the nation serving as an external reviewer. Even in 2003, when I visited to review the economics department, R-MWC stood out. I came away from that trip impressed with the quality of education, the faculty, and the students.

Little did I know then, that a decade later, I would have the pleasure of returning to the College to serve as its 10th president. It is an honor to be chosen to serve this great institution and to be a part of a community that still lavishes great care on students, maintains high academic standards, and makes the liberal arts relevant in a modern society.

Much has changed since my first experience on campus in the spring of 2003. Despite the changes, it is clear to me that the very things that had impressed me during my first visit still exist here behind the Red Brick Wall.

I am especially looking forward to the opportunity to get to know you—our alumnae and alumni. We have scheduled a number of chapter events throughout the nation, and I hope you will attend those and also take the time to return to campus. I look forward to learning more about Randolph’s important history as R-MWC and to hearing stories about your time here.

Randolph College is an excellent institution with a wonderful, energized community. Thanks to the hard work and strong leadership of the past years, Randolph has been able to build a strong foundation upon its history as R-MWC. We have made great strides in all areas and have even greater things in store for our future. This is an incredible time in this institution’s history, and I am honored to join with you as we embark on the next stage of the journey.

Vita abundantior!
Bradley W. Bateman President