Andrea Kendall named new head women’s basketball coach

Andrea Kendall

Andrea Kendall

Andrea Kendall is known for her passion and enthusiasm on the basketball court—not to mention the competitive mentality she instills in her players. She plans to bring that mentality and drive to Randolph’s women’s basketball team this year as the new head coach.

“I love the game, and I love the pace it’s played,” she said. “I love the relationships with the players and that I’m in a position where I can impact the lives of young women in a positive way.”

Andrea takes over for Allison Nichols, who took a position with the National Collegiate Scouting Association. Before coming to Randolph this summer, Andrea served as head women’s basketball coach and athletic recruiting coordinator at Centenary College in New Jersey, where she led the Cyclones to 14 wins—the program’s most since 2008. Centenary reached the Colonial States Athletic Conference (CSAC) semifinals for the first time since 2010, and earned a berth in the ECAC Metro/Upstate Tournament for only the third time in program history.

Despite her ties to the Northeast, Andrea is no stranger to the Old Dominion Athletic Conference (ODAC). She was also an assistant coach for the women’s basketball team at Emory & Henry College, where she recruited and coached three All-ODAC selections.

Andrea graduated from Neumann University in 2005 with a degree in computer information and management. She went on to earn a master’s degree in science from the United States Sports Academy.

Randolph’s strong academic program was a draw.

“My sales pitch, number one, is the high quality of academics at Randolph,” she said. “Randolph is a special place with a rich history. When I visited here, I was intrigued by the people and how welcoming they were, and the beauty of the campus and the location. I believe there’s something special here, and I’m just really happy to be a part of it.”